in this article [below, click on ‘read more’ after the intro] is the list of apps currently installed on one of my android devices. the list is almost complete, almost.. it doesn’t include some of the apps i find useful because sometimes i remove a bunch of large size apps not neccessary in a foreseeable future, to free up memory and internal storage.. for the device to work faster. the apps not on the list, in fact all good apps, i have stored in a backup folder as apk or xapk files (almost a thousand best apps all together) so i can easily find them when needed — important is that those are tested and work — i will include those not in the current list in another article if i get enough time. at the same time i haven’t uninstalled – thus are in the list – many smaller size apps which i don’t use anymore but may need one day.. so.. as the device in question is several years old the list of currently installed apps is quite long.
not every android device can support so large amount of apps but if you can format an external storage as an internal drive then most apps are working just fine with no need to move the apps to internal drive after installation. the apps which have widgets do have to be moved to internal drive for the widgets to become available.
few apps in the list may be not very practical, installed simply from curiosity what’s out there and to test what is possible to do on android devices — i keep them for a spare time thorough investigation. some apps are not completely tested yet but definitely all the apps are preselected with following conditions:
– no payment required for main function of the app, no trial period;
– not requiring unjustified access to contact data, camera, microphone etc., if not specific for work with such access;
– no issues with working while offline, if the online access isn’t the whole purpose of the app;
– no abusive amount of advertisement which would interrupt work flow;
– no unjustified large size of the app;
– no watermarks and other limiting factors on final result (image/video), if there are other apps capable of the same. if the app is unique with a specific action then only if there are other apps able to remove the watermark from the resulting file.
– no unjustified design with too many buttons of little use, or too many steps to access a menu. must be simple and clear design for the purpose.
– no too long starting time, slow or bad response to actions and other issues like sudden crashes etc.
please keep in mind that the preselection was done on my android devices and at certain time, even years ago, thus the currenty available version may have those issues, or because your device is different. if an app works fine for me then i don’t usually update it — there’s currently well over a hundred apps i haven’t updated for years thus a current version may be not as good as before, but also it may be better than i know it, simply having no need to update.
the list is created using ‘My App List’ — this app puts link behind every app as of google play store, even though several apps are not found there. if not found then use the name of the app to find it elsewhere, on ‘APKPure’ or ‘Aptoide’ or somewhere else on the web. so, below is the list of tested apps, all free (at least were free at the time i installed them), tested and selected as the best out there for particular tasks. the list is as is — sorry for a certain mess — when i will find time for it i will clear it up and clarify the use of the apps, if not clear from the name.
Continue reading “the best free android apps, the list.”